Product Specialist category Electronics
32-40 hours per week
Are you always aware of the latest trends and gadgets and are you the man or woman everyone goes to when it comes to knowledge of electronic products? And are you looking for a job where you can express your passion for electronic products and gadgets? We offer this to you!
In this challenging position you are the one responsible for sourcing and testing electronic products and gadgets. You will search online for the latest trends and products, check which products should not be missing in our (online) assortment, give instructions to the sourcing colleagues in China and test incoming product samples. You know everything about a product to tell your colleagues from sales and marketing. In addition, you ensure that product quality remains high by collecting input from the customer service department and checking new products and associated packaging.
In this position you work closely with the product management team, who will purchase the products in collaboration with you.
The end result of your work does not go unnoticed. You will find this in large numbers on the shelves of major retailers, online in our web shops and on the well-known marketplaces. How cool is that!
In a row:
- Conducting market research and trend watching to expand the product range.
- Request and test product samples.
- Gain knowledge and skills of the product to assess the value (eg by analyzing).
- Point of contact for questions from colleagues about article information.
- Coordinate and label incoming and outgoing product samples.
- Briefing of new sourcing to the office in China.
- Monitoring product quality, in collaboration with the quality department.
- Conducting market research, issuing questions to suppliers and comparing quotations in Excel.
- Prepare product packaging briefings for the Graphic Design department, including final check and approval.
- Delivery of monthly management reports of delivered results, if desired.
As a person you are service-oriented and accurate in everything you do. You know how to keep an overview, because you work in a structured way and you are flexible when necessary.
You have technical insight, have an eye for detail and can observe the technical differences between different products. You know the latest trends and have commercial insight.
In addition, you have:
- HBO thinking and working level.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language in word and writing.
- Knowledge of the purchasing process.
- Experience with project management.
- Knowledge of product development.
- Knowledge of Chinese (business) culture is a plus.
Who we are?
Karsten International develops a wide range of products for daily use, from the latest gadgets to sustainable beauty products. You name it, we make it. In addition to working hard and delivering quality, enjoyment and collegiality are our top priorities. The team consists of driven product developers, sales experts, logistics talents, online marketing specialists and graphic designers. Thanks to a broad international network and more than ten years of experience, we are winning the hearts of consumers all over the world with our products. You will be given every opportunity to contribute to this.
To ensure that you stay in top condition, we offer you
- Fresh fruit
- Boot camp
- Your own soccer team
- Discount on products
- Personal development plan
- An excellent pension scheme
- A pleasant vrijmibo
- An instagram-worthy and easily accessible office in Amsterdam
Will you join our team?
Are you convinced that you should become our new colleague? Press the button to apply.
Do you have any questions? Give a call to Sharon Oost: 020 –2615610.
Acquisition responses are not welcome